News / Blog
May Holidays 2023 - Pay Attention!
Lexapro tablets 10 mg for depression and anxiety (Cipralex, escitalopram, antidepressant)
Product Code :
Availability : 12
General information on Japanese Lexapro tablets 10 mg for depression and anxiety (Cipralex, escitalopram, antidepressant)
Package details: 140 tablets
Manufacturer: Mochida Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Japan
Active ingredients: escitalopram oxalate (chemical formula C22H23FN2O5)
Medical effect: Lexapro tablets are effective for the treatment of depression, depressed state and social anxiety disorder.
Contraindications and precautions: do not use for the following categories of patients:
- Lexapro tablets cannot be used for patients within 14 days after stopping monoamine oxidase inhibitor medication,
- pregnant, possibly pregnant or breastfeeding women,
- patients with QT interval prolongation (congenital long QT syndrome etc.), arrhythmia such as bradycardia or its history, congestive heart failure,
- patients with hypokalemia, liver dysfunction or renal dysfunction,
- patients with suicidal thoughts/suicide attempt or its history, bipolar illness (also called manic-depressive illness), predisposition of organic brain disorder or schizophrenia, highly impulsive comorbid disorders and convulsive disorders such as epilepsy or its history,
- patients with bleeding tendency or suspected hemorrhagic disorders,
- patients with angle-closure glaucoma.
As this medicine may provoke the sudden dizziness or sleepiness, the patient should take care when working at heights, operating dangerous machinery, or driving a car.
Refrain from taking alcohol while taking this medicine. Avoid taking any food or supplement containing St. John’s wort during the course of treatment.
If any unusual mental symptoms (irritability, impatient, excitability, insomnia, aggression, etc.) are observed, consult with your doctor.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop taking the medicine and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication or receiving any other treatment, you have to consult with your doctor before use.
Dosage and administration
For adults, take 1 tablet (10 mg of escitalopram) at a time once a day, after dinner. The doctor in charge may adjust the dosage according to patient’s age and symptoms, but the intervals between changes should consist of 1 week or more. The maximum daily dosage is 2 tablets (20 mg) once a day.
How effective are Lexapro tablets 10 mg from Japan for depression and anxiety (Cipralex, escitalopram, antidepressant)?
Lexapro tablets contain escitalopram oxalate, an antidepressant of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor class. It works by inhibiting neuronal reuptake of serotonin and increasing serotonergic activity in the central nervous system, relieving depressive mood and anxiety. A systematic review and network meta-analysis comparing the efficacy and acceptability of 21 antidepressant drugs used in more than 116000 of patients showed escitalopram to be one of the most effective (A. Cipriani, T. A. Furukawa et al. "Comparative efficacy and acceptability of 21 antidepressant drugs for the acute treatment of adults with major depressive disorder: a systematic review and network meta-analysis". Lancet, 2018, 391 (10128): 1357–1366)
Who should use Lexapro tablets 10 mg from Japan?
Lexapro tablets are prescribed for the treatment of depression, depressed state and social anxiety disorder. They are considered to be particularly effective in adults of 24 years and more. While it may take several weeks for the tablets to provide the effect, this medicine has a more stable and prolonged action when compared to other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors due to more bindings to the serotonin transporter protein.