Glactiv tablets 100 mg for type 2 diabetes - 100 tablets
Product Code :
Availability : 12
General information on Japanese tablets Glactiv 100 mg for type 2 diabetes
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: Ono Pharmaceutical, Japan
Active ingredient: sitagliptin phosphate hydrate (chemical formula C16H20F6N5O6P) 100 mg
Medical effect: Glactiv tablets are effective for lowering blood glucose level in patients with type 2 diabetes by inhibiting the enzyme dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4).
Contraindications and precautions:
The following categories of patients cannot use Glactiv tablets:
- patients with ketosis,
- patients in diabetic coma or precoma stage,
- patients with type 1 diabetes,
- patients with infections or injuries,
- patients in pre/postoperative period or debilitated,
- patients with pituitary gland disorder or adrenal gland disorder,
- patients on insufficient diet,
- patients with history of abdominal surgery or intestinal obstruction,
- patients who are exercising intensely or drinking a lot of alcohol,
- pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Dosage and administration of Glactiv tablets for type 2 diabetes 100 mg is prescribed basing on the following protocols.
- For patients with normal renal function or mild renal dysfunction: take 50 mg of sitagliptin 1 time a day. If the dose is insufficient, the consulting doctor may adjust it to 1 tablet (100 mg) 1 time a day.
- For patients with moderate renal dysfunction: take 25 mg of sitagliptin 1 time a day. If the dose is insufficient, the consulting doctor may adjust it to 50 mg 1 time a day.
- For patients with severe or end stage renal dysfunction: take 12.5 mg of sitagliptin 1 time a day. If the dose is insufficient the consulting doctor may adjust it to 25 mg 1 time a day.
Please note that 1 tablet contains 100 mg of sitagliptin.
About the effectiveness of Glactiv tablets 100 mg for type 2 diabetes from Japan
Japanese tablets Glactiv 100 mg improve blood glucose level in patients with type 2 diabetes. One tablet contains 100 mg of sitagliptin, a substance that inhibits an enzyme called dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4). This enzyme breaks down hormones that stabilize blood glucose level after the meal. By preventing it, the production of insulin is increased.
Glactiv tablets also provide temporary suppression of glucagon. It allows to increase the insulin production and to stabilize the glucose amount. But when the blood glucose level reaches normal, the suppression of glucagon stops, thus, preventing hypoglycemia. In addition, Glactiv tablets do not cause weight gain and can be used in combination with other medicines.
Moreover, studies show that sitagliptin is safe, well-tolerated and does not increase the risk of major adverse cardiovascular events (D. Williams-Herman, S. S. Engel et al. Safety and tolerability of sitagliptin in clinical studies: a pooled analysis of data from 10,246 patients with type 2 diabetes. BMC Endocrine Disorders, 2010, 10:7).