News / Blog
May Holidays 2023 - Pay Attention!
Suglat tablets 50 mg for diabetes types 1 and 2
Product Code :
Availability : 9
General information on Japanese tablets Suglat 50 mg for diabetes types 1 and 2
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: Astellas Pharma, Japan
Active ingredient: Ipragliflozin L-Proline
Medical effect: Suglat tablets are effective for the treatment of diabetes of both type 1 and type 2. They work by inhibiting protein called SGLT2 and, thus, inhibiting reabsorption of the glucose in the kidney.
Contraindications and precautions:
Suglat tablets cannot be used in the following categories of patients:
- patients with ketosis,
- patients with infections or injuries,
- patients with pituitary gland dysfunction,
- patients with abnormal adrenal gland function,
- patients taking irregular or inadequate food,
- patients with hepatic dysfunction,
- patients with urinary tract infection or genital infection,
- patients in a diabetic coma or a precoma stage
- perioperative patients,
- extremely underweight or starved patients,
- patients performing intense muscular exercise,
- patients consuming excessive alcohol,
- patients with renal dysfunction or on dialysis,
- pregnant, possibly pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Dosage and administration of Suglat anti-diabetes tablets
For type 2 diabetes: take 1 tablet a day before or after breakfast. If the effect is insufficient, increase the dosage up to 2 tablets a day.
For type 1 diabetes: for patients, taking insulin, take take 1 tablet a day before or after breakfast. If the effect is insufficient, increase the dosage up to 2 tablets a day.
In any case, for patients with severe hepatic dysfunction, the dosage may be started with low doses. The consulting doctor may adjust the dosage due to age and symptoms.
About the effectiveness of Japanese tablets Suglat for type 1 and type 2 diabetes
Suglat tablets 50 mg from Japan are effective for type 1 and type 2 diabetes. They work as SGLT2 inhibitor. By inhibiting the reabsorption of glucose in kidneys, Suglat tablets reduce the glucose blood level. Ipragliflozin is generally well tolerated and has few side effects. Studies also show it has an ability to reduce the body mass and fat mass, but not the muscle mass, which is especially important for patients with diabetes (H. Inoue, K. Morino et al. Ipragliflozin, a sodium–glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor, reduces bodyweight and fat mass, but not muscle mass, in Japanese type 2 diabetes patients treated with insulin: A randomized clinical trial. Journal of Diabetes Investigation, 2019 Jul; 10(4): 1012–1021).