Januvia tablets 100 mg for type 2 diabetes
Product Code :
Availability : 11
General information on Japanese tablets Januvia 100 mg for type 2 diabetes
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: MSD K.K., Japan
Active ingredient: sitagliptin phosphate hydrate (chemical formula C16H20F6N5O6P) 100 mg
Medical effect: Januvia tablets inhibit an enzyme called dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4). This helps to lower blood glucose level. Januvia tablets are effective for treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Contraindications and precautions:
The following categories of patients cannot use Januvia tablets:
- patients with type 1 diabetes,
- patients in diabetic coma or precoma stage,
- patients with ketosis,
- patients with infections or injuries,
- patients in preoperative or postoperative period or debilitated,
- patients with pituitary or adrenal gland disorder,
- patients on insufficient diet or drinking a lot of alcohol,
- patients with history of abdominal surgery or intestinal obstruction,
- patients who are exercising intensely,
- pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Dosage and administration of Januvia tablets 100 mg for type 2 diabetes.
- For patients with normal renal function or mild renal dysfunction: take 50 mg of sitagliptin 1 time a day. If the dose is insufficient, the consulting doctor may adjust it to 1 tablet (100 mg) 1 time a day.
- For patients with moderate renal dysfunction: take 25 mg of sitagliptin 1 time a day. If the dose is insufficient, the consulting doctor may adjust it to 50 mg 1 time a day.
- For patients with severe or end stage renal dysfunction: take 12.5 mg of sitagliptin 1 time a day. If the dose is insufficient the consulting doctor may adjust it to 25 mg 1 time a day.
Please note that 1 tablet contains 100 mg of sitagliptin.
About the effects of Januvia tablets 100 mg for type 2 diabetes from Japan
Januvia tablets 100 mg are effective for type 2 diabetes. One tablet contains 100 mg of sitagliptin, a substance that inhibits an enzyme called dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4). This enzyme degrades hormones that stabilize blood glucose level after the meal. As Januvia tablets prevent enzyme’s degrading, the production of insulin increases and the blood glucose level improves.
Also, Januvia tablets prevent hypoglycemia. They temporarily suppress the glucagon, thus, increasing the insulin production and stabilizing the blood glucose level. But when glucose level reaches normal, the suppression of glucagon stops before the blood glucose level lowers. Moreover, Januvia tablets do not cause weight gain or risk of major adverse cardiovascular events. They are safe, well-tolerated and can be used in combination with other medicines.
Studies show that sitagliptin is especially suitable for overweighed patients and patients of 65 years or older, as it weight-neutral, causes minimal or no hypoglycemia in comparison to other anti-diabetes medications and more convenient due to its once daily oral dosing (Rita Mohan Dallumal, Siew Siang Chua et al. “Sitagliptin: Is It Effective in Routine Clinical Practice?” International Journal of Endocrinology, 2015).