Urso tablets 100 mg for gallstones and liver diseases.
Product Code :
Availability : 11
General information on Japanese tablets Urso 100 mg for gallstones and liver diseases
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Japan
Active ingredient: ursodeoxycholic acid 100 mg
Medical effect: Urso tablets 100 mg from Japan are used for the treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- disease of biliary system and liver disease caused by bile flow retention,
- dyspepsia after small intestine resection,
- cholesterol gallstones,
- chronic liver disease,
- primary biliary cirrhosis,
- chronic liver disease due to hepatitis C virus.
Contraindications and precautions:
Do not use in children, pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not use in patients with variceal bleeding, hepatic encephalopathy, ascites or in need of an urgent liver transplant.
Dosage and administration of Urso tablets 100 mg for gallstones and liver diseases from Japan
- For treatment of liver disease and dyspepsia: take 50 mg of the active ingredient at a time, 3 times a day. Please note that one tablet contains 100 mg of the active ingredient.
- For dissolution of cholesterol gallstones: take 2 tablets (200 mg of the active ingredient) at a time, 3 times a day.
- For primary biliary cirrhosis and chronic liver disease due to hepatitis C virus: take 2 tablets (200 mg of the active ingredient) at a time, 3 times a day.
In all cases, the treatment should be performed under the supervision of your doctor. The dosage can be adjusted due to age and symptoms by the consulting doctor. Never exceed the maximum daily dosage of 9 tablets (900 mg).
About the effectiveness of Urso tablets 100 mg for gallstones and liver diseases
Urso tablets 100 mg for gallstones and liver diseases from Japan contain 100 mg of ursodeoxycholic acid in each tablet. This acid increases bile secretion and replaces hydrophobic bile acids in the liver. Also, Urso tablets inhibit cytokine and chemokine production and protect the liver from inflammatory cells (S. Saksena, R. K. Tandon. Ursodeoxycholic acid in the treatment of liver diseases. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 1997 Feb; 73(856): 75–80). By this, Urso tablets significantly improve liver dysfunction. Moreover, this medicine helps to dissolve the gallstones and to improve the digestion and absorption.