News / Blog
Delivery in June
Radicut (Edaravone) - 20 ml x 10 ampoules (30 mg)
Product Code :
Availability : 10
General information about Radicut
Official manufacturer: Tanabe Mitsubishi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Japan
Active component: edaravone.
Start of sales: in Japan after clinical trials (conducted throughout the country in 137 cases) in 2001, June.
Official Medical Code in Japan: 1190401A1023
Radicut's main purpose is to protect the brain cells of patients who suffer from problems in cerebrovascular blood flow. Also it is known as Edaravone. Clinical trials in Japan and the United States showed the effectiveness of this medicine. Since Radicut has received the permission to use in Japan, it has already been assigned to over 180,000 patients.
Dosage and Administration of Radicut: pay attention!
1. Improvement of neurological symptoms, disorder of activities of daily living, and functional disorder associated with acute ischaemic strokeThe usual adult dosage is one ampoule (30 mg of edaravone) diluted with an appropriate volume of physiological saline etc. Subsequently, it should be administered intravenously over 30 minutes. And IV need to be performed twice a day in the morning and the evening. Administration of this product should be initiated within 24 hours after the onset of the disease. Also, the duration of administration should be within 14 days.
2. Inhibition on progression of functional disorder in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)The usual adult dosage is two ampoules (60 mg of edaravone) diluted with an appropriate volume of physiological saline, etc. Subsequently, it should be administered intravenously over 60 minutes once a day. Usually, the duration of administration and cessation of this product are combined in one cycle of treatment for 28 days. And after that the cycle should be repeated. In other words, this product is infused for 14 days without interruption. Then the using stoppes for 14 days in the 1st cycle. And from the 2nd cycle, this product is infused for 10 of 14 days. But after each cycle there should be a break for 14 days.
Clinical studies of Radicut: pro and contra
The efficacy of Radicat for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ALS was scientifically proven. A randomized clinical trial was perforemed in Japan for 137 patients. Over all, the trial was held for six months.
In the first stage of studies of Radicut, it was tested only on patients with ALS who were already in phase Three. Unfortunately, it failed to record major improvements on the ALSFRS-R scale (Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener, 2014; 15; 610–7). However, the researchers supposed it would be much more effective at the earlier phases of the disease. Therefore, a repeated study was conducted involving 181 patients. During this study, Radicut showed very positive effect on patients with ALS. As a result, the doctors concluded, that using Radicut should fulfill two important conditions in order to make the treatment effective. First, it exremely iportant to start therapy in time. Second, it's essential to conduct full courses of treatment.
Selected studiesRadicut (also known as Radikawa Edaravon) was officially approved by the US government (U. S. Food and Drug Assotiation, FDA - link to the site here). Radicut conducted a mass of basic research. Doctors Otomo and Houkin in their works showed the main effects from the use of this medicines. Also, researchers outlined areas of risk and provided a picture of the dynamics of the patients. Otomo, E. et al .: Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2003 ； 15 ： 222-229, Houkin, K. et al .: J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 1998 ； 7 （5） ： 315-322. Doctor of Medicine Abe in his work drew attention to the interaction of Radicut with other medicines. Furthermore, Dr Abe described its overall effect on the patient's body. Abe, K. et al .: Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener. 2014 ； 15 (7-8) ： 610-617. Also, researcer's own studies are exploring the possibilities and methods of treating the effects of strokes. Abe, K. et al. : Stroke 1988 ； 19 （4） ： 480-485.
Contraindications and Precautions when using Radicut
Radicut can NOT be used in the following cases:
(1) The medicine is contraindicated to patients with severe renal insufficiency because renal failure may be aggravated. For use in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, read further the section "Precautions".
(2) The medicine is contraindicated to persons with known hypersensitivity to any of the components.
(3) Radicut is contraindicated for use to pregnant women. During the period of use breastfeeding is strictly prohibited since laboratory studies of rodents showed that edaravone penetrates in the body of a child with mother's milk).
- It is not recommended to use Radicut for persons with forced vital capacity of the lungs in a volume of less than 70% of the norm. The rate of cases for such patients is low. For that reason, clinical have not been carried out properly. If these patients need using Radicut, the treatment should be discussed with a radiating physician. However, all risk factors and potential benefits should be taken in account.
- It is not recommended to use the medicine for persons with impaired renal function and / or dehydration. It may provoke worsening of disorders or cause acute renal failure. Also, it is especially important to discuss with your doctor the if using Radicut is appropriate for patients with a high ratio of blood urea nitrogen (hereinafter BUN) and creatinine.
- It is not recommended to use Radicut for people with infectious diseases, liver failure, cardiac diseases, as well as for older people. It may cause a deterioration in the clinical condition of these individuals.
- It is not recommended to use the medicine for persons who are in a comatose state, characterized by a lack of response to external irritations.
Radicut (Radicava) - Treatment or Support?For a long time, the diagnosis of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) was same as lethal sentence. There was no effective treatment for ALS. Furthermore, there were no even ways to significantly slow down the process of patient’s passing out. However, Radicut from Japan normalizes blood circulation in the brain and suppresses the symptoms of ALS. Also, it protects the brain cells. Radicut sharply slowes down the processes of atrophy or reduces them to nothing. Thereby, it significantly prolonges the life of patients. Besides, it has ability to improve the effects of ischemic stroke. But the method of treatment shall differ. Please, note that Radicut is not just a support therapy. It's a very strong medicine, therefore, it has contraindications and possible side effects. The treatment should be provided only under the supervision of a specialist.
Articles related to Radicut and ALS
Of course, our customers are interested in detailed information about clinical studies of Radicut. And they often ask us about precautions when using this medicine. Many of our clients used to doubt if Radicut is treatment or a mere support. If you'd like to find answers to different questions abour Radicut, please refer to articles on our website.
Japanese medicines for the treatment of ALS
Radicut Edaravone: Contraindications and Precautions
Radiсut Edaravone - treatment or support?
We offer full consulting service to ur dear customers. From the order of product untill the very moment when you receive it. If you need any supporting documents, please advice. We shall provide everything you might need to preceed with the treatment.
How to find genuine Radicut from Japan?Radicut Edaravone can be ordered online. If you reside in other countries, we will inform all necessary documents and procedures for obtaining the medicine. The list of documents is very short. There are possible minimum import duties. However, we will do our part to minimize them as much as possible to save your money. Import of goods for personal use (not licensed in the country of residence) is allowed EVERYWHERE and ALWAYS. The customs shall give you medicines you ordered for personal use if you have diagnosis paper or prescription. Consult a specialist in our Japanese Health Store about how to get Radicut Edaravone from Japan. We will provide you with full support.
How to identify original made in Japan Radicut?
1. There are expiry date, serial number and specific serial bar code as shown on picture.
2. There is maker's specific protection safety seal. Of course, it shoul not be opened.
3. Make sure vials are of same shape. In addition, serial number and specific bar code are marked on each vial.
Make sure you order original authentic radicut directly from Japanese maker shipped from Japan. Purchase original made in Japan Radicut Edaravone directly from Japan with worldwide courier delivery for your safety.