Ketas eye drops 0.01% for allergic conjunctivitis (ibudilast)
Product Code :
Availability : 10
General information on Japanese Ketas eye drops 0.01% for allergic conjunctivitis (ibudilast)
Package details: 10 bottles * 5 ml
Manufacturer: Senju Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Japan
Active ingredients: ibudilast (chemical formula C14H18N2O)
Medical effect: Ketas eye drops are effective for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis, including hay fever.
Contraindications and precautions: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not use for patients wearing contact lenses.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop taking the medicine and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication or receiving any other treatment, you have to consult with your doctor before use.
Store away from direct sunlight at room temperature (1-30℃). Do not use a bottle that has been stored for more than 1 month after opening.
Dosage and administration of Ketas eye drops 0.01% from Japan for allergic conjunctivitis (ibudilast)
- Before using, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Apply 1-2 drops at a time, making sure not to touch the tip of eye dropper to any surface of the eye.
- After instilling, close your eyes and do not blink for a while. If the medicine leaked from the eye and attached around the eye after applying, wipe the medicine off immediately.
- Use the medicine 4 times daily (morning, noon, evening and before bedtime).
- If you need to use other eye drops at the same time, wait more than 5 minutes between two medicines.
How effective are Ketas eye drops 0.01% from Japan for allergic conjunctivitis (ibudilast)?
Ketas eye drops contain ibudilast, an anti-inflammatory substance. It works as a phosphodiesterase inhibitor and an antagonist at the toll-like receptor. Ibudilast controls release of chemical mediators such as histamine, suppresses allergic symptoms and reduces pain.
Who should use Ketas eye drops 0.01% from Japan?
Ketas eye drops are effective for the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis, including hay fever. Studies showed that ibudilast ophthalmic solution decreases inflammatory and allergic responses better than cromoglycate, ketotifen, tranilast and levocabastine (Z. Huang, S. Liu et al. “Preferential inhibition of human phosphodiesterase 4 by ibudilast”. Life sciences, 2006, 78(23): 2663-8).