INISYNC combination tablets for type 2 diabetes mellitus (alogliptin, metformin)
Product Code :
Availability : 12
General information on Japanese INISYNC combination tablets for type 2 diabetes mellitus (alogliptin, metformin)
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: TEIJIN PHARMA Limited, Japan
Active ingredient: alogliptin benzoate (chemical formula C25H27N5O4), metformin hydrochloride (chemical formula C4H12ClN5)
Medical effect: Inisync combination tablets are effective for the treatmnet of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications and precautions: do not use for the following categories of patients:
- pregnant, possibly pregnant and breastfeeding women,
- patients with a history of lactic acidosis;
- patients with renal disorder or on dialysis,
- people with liver disorder, a heart disease or a lung disease,
- heavy drinkers,
- patients with gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea or vomiting,
- patients with ketosis, diabetic coma or precoma,
- patient with type 1 diabetes mellitus,
- patient with infection, in a pre- or post-operative state, or have an injury,
- people with inadequate food intake or debility,
- patients with pituitary abnormality or adrenal disorder,
- people undergoing strenuous physical exercise,
- patients with a history of laparotomy or bowel obstruction.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop taking the medicine and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication, please consult with your doctor before use.
As this medicine may cause hypoglycemia, patient should pay close attention when working at heights or operating dangerous machinery such as driving a car.
If hypoglycemia symptoms occur, patient should take an adequate amount of sugar (e.g., sugar, glucose, soft drinks). If a patient is taking this medicine concomitantly with an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor (such as voglibose and acarbose), they should ingest glucose in case of any hypoglycemic symptoms.
Dosage and administration
For adults, take 1 tablet at a time, once a day, right before or after meal.
How effective are INISYNC combination tablets from Japan for type 2 diabetes mellitus (alogliptin, metformin)?
Inisync combination tablets contain two active ingredients, alogliptin benzoate and metformin hydrochloride. Alogliptin benzoate is a selective inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4), an enzyme which catalyzes decomposition of the hormone maintaining constant blood glucose level. As the result, Inisync tablets stimulate insulin secretion when blood glucose levels are increased. Metformin hydrochloride, in its turn, suppresses glucose formation in the liver, enhances insulin sensitivity and decreases the glucose levels.
Who should take INISYNC combination tablets from Japan?
Inisync combination tablets are effective for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Studies showed that treatment with alogliptin and metformin together provides higher efficacy than monotherapy, yet it's well tolerated in most patients (R. E. Pratley, P. Fleck, C. Wilson. “Efficacy and safety of initial combination therapy with alogliptin plus metformin versus either as monotherapy in drug-naive patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized, double-blind, 6-month study”. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, 2014, 16(7): 613-21).