News / Blog
Delivery in June
Tryptanol tablets 25 mg for depression (antidepressant)
Product Code :
Availability : 12
General information on Japanese Tryptanol tablets 25 mg for depression (antidepressant)
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Japan
Active ingredient: Amitriptyline hydrochloride (chemical formula C20H23N)
Medical effect: Tryptanol tablets are effective for treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- major depressive disorder,
- depressive disorders such as anxiety,
- nocturnal enuresis,
- peripheral neuropathic pain,
- prevention of migraines.
Contraindications and precautions: do not use in patients with angle-closure glaucoma, myocardial infarction or urinary retention (prostatic disease, etc.). Do not use in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication. As the medication might cause sleepiness or lack of concentration, avoid driving a car or operation dangerous machines. If an allergic reaction occurs, stop using the medication and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication, please consult with your doctor before use.
Dosage and administration of Japanese Tryptanol tablets 25 mg for depression (antidepressant)
- For depression or depressive state: take 30 to 75 mg of the active ingredient a day as the initial dose, then gradually increase the dosage up to 150 mg a day, divided into several times. Upon the decision of the consulting doctor, the dosage may be increased up to 300 mg.
- For nocturnal enuresis: take 10 to 30 mg of the active ingredient 1 time a day before bedtime.
- For peripheral neuropathic pain: take 10 mg of the active ingredient a day as the initial dose, then the increase the dosage according to the prescription of your consulting doctor. But the daily maximum dosage of 150 mg should not be exceeded.
In each case, the dosage may be adjusted by the consulting doctor due to age and symptoms. Please note that 1 tablet contains 25 mg off active ingredient.
How effective are Tryptanol tablets 25 mg from Japan for depression (antidepressant)?
The active ingredient of Tryptanol tablets is amitriptyline hydrochloride, a tricyclic antidepressant. It works by inhibiting noradrenaline and serotonin transporter protein in the brain. Amitriptyline also can be spelled sometimes as amitryptyline, amytriptyline, amitryptiline, amitriptiline. Multiple studies show that Tryptanol tablets are more effective than other antidepressants in treatment of major depressive disorder (A. Cipriani, T. Furukawa et al. Comparative efficacy and acceptability of 21 antidepressant drugs for the acute treatment of adults with major depressive disorder: a systematic review and network meta-analysis. Lancet, 2018, April. 391(10128): 1357–1366). Amitriptyline’s main metabolite is nortriptyline, which also works as a noradrenaline transporter protein inhibitor. This subsequently enhances the antidepressant effects of amitriptyline.
Who should use Tryptanol tablets 25 mg from Japan?
Tryptanol tablets are effective not only against major depressive disorder and other anxiety disorders. They also decrease frequency of urination during nighttime, thus, helping to treat bedwetting. Also, Tryptanol tablets prevent migraines and relieve neuropathic pain such as fibromyalgia and postherpetic neuralgia.