Thioctic acid in vials for injections 25 mg (alpha-Lipoic acid)
Product Code :
Availability : 15
General information on Japanese Thioctic acid in vials for injections 25 mg (alpha-Lipoic acid)
Package details: 100 vials
Manufacturer: Nisshin Corporation, Japan
Active ingredient: thioctic acid (chemical formula C8H14O2S2)
Medical effect: thioctic acid injections are effective for the following purposes:
- treatment of Leigh syndrome,
- compensating the deficiency of thioctic acid caused by intensive physical exercise,
- treatment of inner ear disorders caused be excessive noise or antibiotics,
- treatment of diabetic neuropathy,
- supporting the general body health and energy as nutritional supplement.
Contraindications and precautions: use with caution in underweighted children and elderly patients. Use with caution in patients with a risk of hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop using the medication and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication, please consult with your doctor before use.
Dosage and administration of Thioctic acid in ampoules for injections 25 mg from Japan (alpha-Lipoic acid)
In general, for adults use 10-25 mg of active ingredient per day in 1 intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
The dosage may be adjusted by the consulting doctor according to age and symptoms.
How effective is Japanese Thioctic acid from Japan?
Thioctic acid (also called alpha-Lipoic acid, DL-thioctic acid) is an organosulfur compound naturally synthesized in animals for aerobic metabolism. It performs multiple functions in human body, including following:
- acting as free radical scavenger,
- assisting in repairing oxidative damage,
- regenerating endogenous antioxidants, including vitamins C and E and glutathione,
- promoting glutathione synthesis,
- exerting metal chelating capacities,
- promoting decarboxylation of alpha-keto acids.
Also, thioctic acid is effective for improving the function and conduction of neurons.
Who should take Thioctic acid in vials for injections 25 mg from Japan?
As the injections of thioctic acid help to restore the neurons’ functioning, they are prescribed for patients with diabetic neuropathy and Leigh syndrome. This medicine is effective for the treatment of impaired hearing caused by inner ear damages in a result of antibiotic treatment of excessive noise at work. Moreover, thioctic acid is used for the supporting energy and body self-repair for athletes or other people exhausted by intensive physical exercise. Studies also showed the potential of using thioctic acid for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, as it provides a marked improvement in learning and memory retention (Bahare Salehi, Yakup Berkay Yılmaz et al. “Insights on the Use of α-Lipoic Acid for Therapeutic Purposes”. Biomolecules. 2019 Aug; 9(8): 356).