News / Blog
Delivery in March
Sivelestat Na for I.V. infusion 100 mg for acute lung injury (acute respiratory failure, SIRS, Elaspol)
Product Code :
Availability : 5
General information on Japanese Sivelestat Na for I.V. infusion 100 mg for acute lung injury (acute respiratory failure, SIRS, Elaspol)
Package details: 10 vials
Manufacturer: Nipro Corporation, Japan
Active ingredients: sivelestat sodium (chemical formula C20H29N2NaO11S)
Medical effect: Sivelestat Na for I.V. infusion is effective for the treatment of acute lung injury (acute respiratory failure), associated with SIRS (systemic inflammatory response syndrome).
Contraindications and precautions: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
It is not recommended to administer to patients with multiple organ disorders of 4 or more organs, burns, and acute lung disorders associated with trauma.
It is not recommended for patients with severe chronic respiratory illness.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop using the medicine and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication or receiving any other treatment, you have to consult with your doctor before use.
Dosage and administration
For adults: this medicine should be dissolved in physiological saline and continuously administered intravenously for 24 hours. The daily dose is 4.8 mg of active ingredient / kg of weight. It should be diluted with 250 to 500 mL of infusion solution for 24 hours (0.2 mg / kg per hour).
The administration period should be within 14 days.
How effective are Sivelestat Na for I.V. infusion 100 mg from Japan for acute lung injury (acute respiratory failure, SIRS, Elaspol)?
Sivelestat Na is an inhibitor of human neutrophil elastase. It works by suppressing proteinase damaging the lungs. As the result, I. V. infusions of Sivelestat Na improve the lung functions in patients with SIRS.
Who should use Sivelestat Na for I.V. infusion 100 mg from Japan?
I. V. infusions of Silevestat Na should be used for the following patients with SIRS:
1. Regarding systemic inflammatory response syndrome, two or more of the following items shall be satisfied.
- Body temperature> 38 ° C or <36 ° C,
- Heart rate> 90 beats / minute,
- Respiratory rate> 20 times / minute or PaCO2 <32mmHg,
- White blood cell count> 12,000 / μL, <4,000 / μL or rod-shaped sphere> 10%
2. For acute lung injury, all of the following items shall be met.
- Decreased lung function (PaO2 / FIO2300 mmHg or less under mechanical mechanical ventilation management) is observed.
- Chest X-ray findings show bilateral infiltration opacities.
- When the pulmonary artery wedge pressure is measured, the pulmonary artery wedge pressure ≤ 18 mmHg, and when it is not measured, no clinical findings of an increase in left atrial pressure are observed.
Japanese studies showed that treatment with sivelestat provides improvements in pulmonary function and length of intensive care unit stay, while not showing serious adverse effects or worsening infections (N. Aikawa, Y. Kawasaki. “Clinical utility of the neutrophil elastase inhibitor sivelestat for the treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome”. Therapeutics and clinical risk management. 2014, 10: 621-9).