News / Blog
Delivery in March
Olumiant tablets 4 mg for rheumatoid arthritis and atopic dermatitis (baricitinib)
Product Code :
Availability : 5
General information on Japanese Olumiant tablets 4 mg for rheumatoid arthritis and atopic dermatitis (baricitinib)
Package details: 30 tablets
Manufacturer: Eli Lilly Japan K.K., Japan
Active ingredients: baricitinib (chemical formula C16H17N7O2S)
Medical effect: Olumiant tablets from Japan are effective for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and atopic dermatitis.
Contraindications and precautions:
- Do not use for pregnant, possible pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Do not use for patients with serious infections (sepsis, etc.), active tuberculosis, renal dysfunction, neutropenia, lymphopenia, hemoglobin decreased, hepatitis B, or history of herpes zoster.
- As risks of infection increases, pay close attention to the infection prevention, taking such efforts as washing your hands, gargling, avoiding crowds etc.
- Screening for tuberculosis and hepatitis B should be performed before taking this medicine. Periodic blood test should be performed while taking this medicine.
- If female patient is planning to become pregnant, they should avoid the pregnancy while using this medicine and at least 1 menstrual cycle after the completion of the therapy with this medicine.
- Do not receive live vaccinations while using this medicine.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop using the medicine and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication or receiving any other treatment, you have to consult with your doctor before use.
Dosage and administration
For adults: take 1 tablet (4 mg of active ingredient) at a time, once a day. Depending on symptoms, the doctor in charge may reduce the dosage to 0.5 tablet (2 mg of active ingredient) at a time, once a day. Patients with moderate renal dysfunction should take 0.5 ablet at a time, once a day.
Please note that this preparation contains 4 mg of the active ingredient in one tablet.
How effective are Olumiant tablets 4 mg from Japan for rheumatoid arthritis and atopic dermatitis (baricitinib)?
Olumiant tablets contain baricitinib, a medicine of Janus kinase inhibitors class. It works by suppressing the action of various cytokines involved in the pathology of rheumatoid arthritis and atopic dermatitis, and improving the symptoms of those diseases.
Who should take Olumiant tablets 4 mg from Japan?
Olumiant tablets are effective for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (including prevention of structural joint damage) and atopic dermatitis with inadequate response to conventional therapies. Studies showed that 70% of patients with atopic dermatitis achieve 75% or more improvement in Eczema Area and Severity Index (J. I. Silverberg, E. L. Simpson et al. “Long-term Efficacy of Baricitinib in Adults With Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis Who Were Treatment Responders or Partial Responders: An Extension Study of 2 Randomized Clinical Trials”. JAMA Dermatology, 2021, 157(6): 691-699).