Cabripin combination tablets for suppressing thrombus and embolus formation (aspirin, vonoprazan fumarate)
Product Code :
Availability : 12
General information on Japanese Cabripin combination tablets for suppressing thrombus and embolus formation (aspirin, vonoprazan fumarate)
Package details: 100 tablets
Manufacturer: Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Japan
Active ingredient: aspirin (chemical formula C9H8O4), vonoprazan fumarate (chemical formula C21H20FN3O6S)
Medical effect: Cabripin tablets are effective for the following purposes:
- suppressing thrombus/embolus formation due to angina pectoris, myocardial infarction or ischemic cerebrovascular disorder in patients with a history of gastric/duodenal ulcers,
- suppressing thrombus/embolus formation after coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with a history of gastric/duodenal ulcers,
- suppressing thrombus/embolus formation after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in patients with a history of gastric/duodenal ulcers.
Contraindications and precautions: do not use for the following categories of patients:
- patients with peptic ulcer, blood abnormality or a history of it, bleeding tendency or predisposition to it, bronchial asthma or a history of it, renal disorder or a history of it or liver disorder or a history of it,
- patients who drink alcohol on a regular basis,
- patients scheduled for surgery/cardiac catheter test/tooth extraction,
- pregnant or breastfeeding women.
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop taking the medicine and consult with your doctor. If you’re taking any other medication or receiving any other treatment, you have to consult with your doctor before use.
If a long-term administration is prescribed, a regular endoscopic examination is required. If this medicine is used for the treatment of cerebral infarction, it is important to maintain healthy blood pressure.
As this medicine may induce or enhance gastrointestinal bleeding, the patient should avoid taking this medicine with any alcoholic beverage.
If the patient is scheduled for any treatment with bleeding, such as surgery, cardiac catheter test or tooth extraction while taking this medicine, consult with doctor in charge before the treatment.
Dosage and administration of Cabripin combination tablets from Japan for suppressing thrombus and embolus formation (aspirin, vonoprazan fumarate)
For adults, take 1 tablet 1 time a day. Swallow the tablet without cracking, crunching or grinding.
How effective are Cabripin combination tablets from Japan for suppressing thrombus and embolus formation (aspirin, vonoprazan fumarate)?
Cabripin combination tablets contain aspirin and vonoprazan fumarate. Aspirin inhibits activities of platelet cyclooxygenase-1, suppresses platelet aggregation and eventually delays or prevents blood coagulation. It effectively prevents obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot that has formed but may cause gastric or duodenal ulcers. That’s why it’s used together with vonoprazan fumarate. Vonoprazan inhibits the proton pump in the gastric mucosa in a potassium ion-competitive manner and reduces gastric acid production. By this, Cabripin combination tablets effectively prevent thrombus and embolus formation and in the same time prevent the onset of the ulcer.
Who should take Cabripin combination tablets from Japan?
Cabripin combination tablets are effective for suppressing thrombus/embolus formation due to angina pectoris, myocardial infarction or ischemic cerebrovascular disorder, suppressing thrombus/embolus formation after coronary artery bypass grafting or percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in adults with a history of gastric/duodenal ulcers. Studies showed that vonoprazan does not affect the pharmacokinetics of aspirin or its inhibition of arachidonic-induced platelet aggregation, showing no drug-drug interactions between the two components (Y. Sakurai, M. Shiino et al. “Pharmacokinetic Drug–Drug Interactions Between Vonoprazan and Low-Dose Aspirin or Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs”. Clinical Drug Investigation, 2017; 37(1): 39–49).